Monday, January 19, 2009

Lil' bits excited!

Although I have only been at my new job for just over two months, I am absolutely loving it and can't wait to learn as much as possible. It was frustrating for me in my first weeks here, as I had to depend on other people to help me get my work done. I made it my goal to practice, and learn to do this independently so that my account executives could depend on me, and feel comfortable with sending work directly to my inbox, as opposed to copying me in on an e-mail to one of my trainer's. Being new to this industry - the insurance industry - I know very little, especially when it comes to certain terminology, rules, etc. Browsing through our on-line employee portal, I came across a section entirely devoted to industry based training. I glanced through it, but didn't pay much attention, as I figured it wouldn't apply to me..I had only been there a month or so. A few weeks later, during my employee appraisal, I found out that I did not have to wait at all to further my education within the company. I immediately logged back on to the portal and read all the information provided for the LOMA courses. There are eight of them, and once (and if) I complete them all, I will have earned my FLMI. I enrolled for my first course - LOMA280 Principles of Insurance: Life, Health & Annuities. Sounds thrilling, I know - but I am so EXCITED! Who knew, Sarah Spiller, would ever EVER be excited about school! lol I know that this will take a lot of studying, and some serious will power on my part to get through the course info and pass my exam in May, but I can't wait to get started. With this course, I hope to pass in May and register for the next, eventually building my way all the way up to CEBS and moving my way up through the company.
I haven't worked out a ten year plan, but it's something I'm looking forward to working out. Heck, I'll be thrilled to have a 2 year plan.. ha ha ha. Wish me luck!!

No comments: