Thursday, January 8, 2009

Better than ever!

Having not been on my blog for quite some time, I took a quick read through past posts, and couldn't believe how sad and miserable I was. I deleted a few posts, although I know it's a no-no...but they were just too depressing. Thankfully, my first post of the New Year is on a positive note!

In November '08, I started a new job! I was extremely excited to be taking the next step in my adult life, as I somewhat felt that my previous job wasn't giving me enough responsibility, or sense of maturity. I worked in a home office, in a very relaxed atmosphere where part of my daily routine would be to browse through facebook, text message my friends and watch TV. I felt like I was still in high school, playing hooky. Most of all - it was boring! My new job keeps me busy and has my days flying past. I love the work that I am doing, the people in my office, and the general atmosphere here. I have only been here for two months, but received my first employee appraisal at the end of 2008. I was nervous going in to the meeting with my team leader and supervisor, as I had NEVER experienced something like this, and really did not know what to expect. Within minutes I let out the breath I hadn't realized was being held, and found out that my superiors were more than pleased with my addition to the team, and couldn't believe how well adapted I had become in such a short period of time. I was thrilled!! Today, as my probation is officially through by the end of the week, I signed up for my first industry-based training course. I am so excited to start learning more, and eventually have the possibility of moving up in the company. All of the opportunities and advantages that so many people are accustomed to, are brand new for me and I can't wait to get my hands on it all! Wish me luck :)

Outside of work, and because of it really, life in general has been excellent! I feel so much more at ease, and feel that my stress levels have decreased enormously. I'm finally becoming financially stable, which since I have been working full time from the age of 19, is quite overdue. This alone took away probably 50% of what I usually stressed out about. It's amazing how much better you feel, when you know things are taken care of. My biggest worry is gone. I can't necessarily be carefree, but I'm comfortable, and that's the best I can ask for right now. I bought a new car, which was very exciting for me, and literally will drive anywhere you ask me to. It's been so much fun. I've reconnected with my friends, spending more time with those I had lost touch with, and making new ones along the way. I've lost relationships with some great people along this long road too, and it still makes me sad to think of how things could have turned out in some situations...but...I don't want to dwell on the past anymore. What is done, is done, and I only have good thoughts for 2009. I have been telling myself that I am going to lose weight for almost 2 years now, yet never stuck to a strict regime, or put any real effort in. With my new job, came a new sense of myself, and I'm glad to say I've finally worked out a schedule that works for me and is helping me achieve long overdue goals.

The title of this post explains it all - things are better than ever, and I couldn't be happier.
Happy 2009 everyone! I hope the year is as good for you as I am planning mine to be!!

No comments: