Friday, April 18, 2008

It was 9:55pm, and I was driving home from school with both my car windows rolled all the way down. This...this is what I love. Always expecting a cooler air as I emerge from the stuffy halls of my school, last night I was greeted with a pleasant, warmer breeze. Getting into my car, I took the long way home, enjoying the solitary drive. As I went further east, home to Ajax, I could feel the air become cooler as I drove further towards the lake. It reminded me so much of those wonderful nights up north....

The cool breeze drifts over the lake, and through my window, carrying the scent of true fresh air. I lay in the dark with a smile upon my face, listening to the rain pitter patter against the aluminum eavesdrop. After this past week, I am glad to be away of the stress induced city. The cottage, although somewhat boring during the less exotic seasons, always brings a sense of peace within myself that I find to be so refreshing. I am drifting into sleep; a sleep I know will be the best I've had for month.

Another week has gone by, and it has been no less stressful than the last. Sadly, I do not have the cottage to escape to. Having spent all of last weekend up north, detached from the technology obsessed society that, I myself, have become addicted to, I found that it was rather refreshing! Relaxed with my thoughts, I realized I had lost about 4 inches of self confidence after having cut my hair a few weeks ago. Yet, at the same time, this same cut has empowered me with the want for change - serious change. I have finally weeded out all of the people in my life who were bringing me down, only surrounding myself with those who I truly respect, trust, and admire. It is these people - life long friends, close family members and relatives - that help me stay true to who I am, and who I want to be. I will always have doubts about myself, and I will always make mistake - as will all of us - but I know, at the end of the day, these people I hold so dear in my hear, are the ones who will still love me at the end of the day. This thought...this fact...has brought such uplifting confidence within myself, that I feel I can conquer anything!

Now..haha...let's just see if I stick to it!!!!

No comments: